When a water stream is in contact with air, a spontaneous proces of evaporation occurs.
This proces is known as adiabatic water evaporation, and it is the process in charge of the evaporation of the retained water in a interface nucleus.
The phenomenon can show it self in clean water or water wich contains solids ( dissolved or in suspension ), as these don’t impede water from evaporating.
A interface nucleus or evaporation pad is a group of surfaces built in the shape of a block
A pad with theese features, kept wet and exposed to a natural or artificial wind is the equivalent to a pond surface separated from the submerged liquid mass.
The parameters who steer the evaporation rhythm are:
- Air temperatura and relative humidity.
- Wind speed, wich involves the water molecule evacuation rate.
- The length of contact surface between air and water.
The optimal pad for evaporating liquids should combine the following features:
- Low loss of aerodynamic coefficient presure, to assure optimal air renovation rates with the minimal mechanical action or with the simple effect of the wind’s dynamic action.
- Water support surfaces with a reticular structure to provide a high water retention capacity.
- Large straight interspaces between the surfaces to impede retention of dregs and ease cleanup.
- When air gets in contact with water, part of this water evaporates, this process cools the air. The use of the effect of evaporative refrigeration of the air is a technique wich allows the refrigeration of compounds. EVAPORATIVE REFRIGERATION
- When air comes in contact with hot water, part of this water evaporates, transferring heat from the hot water flow to the atmosphere. COOLING TOWWERS..