Given your interest we transcribe here the article published in the following link:
Evaporative cooling supports a sustainable future
These systems favor energy efficiency and make responsible use of water, so they respect the environment. According to the Association of Companies of the Cold and its Technologies (Aefy), evaporative refrigeration is in a position to fulfill the great objectives of the 2020 Strategy of the European Union
Evaporative cooling systems favor a responsible use of water, thus respecting the environment. This has been confirmed by the Association of Cold Companies and their Technologies (Aefy). The entity has also assured that at a time like the current one in which one of the great challenges is – in addition to respecting the environment – energy saving, this technology becomes an alternative to keep in mind.
“Evaporative cooling has a lot to contribute at times like the current ones in which the European Union emphasizes the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 10% compared to 2005 levels and the increase in energy efficiency in 20%, two closely related objectives and that the 2020 Strategy establishes as priorities in the field of environmental sustainability “, have reviewed.
For Aefy, just a few days after reaching 2020, these objectives “are far from being fulfilled.” However, they have also valued the reduction of CO2 emissions in a general way in Europe, as well as the decrease in the consumption of primary energy sources. Specifically, in the case of Spain “much remains to be done,” they said.
To achieve these goals the role of evaporative cooling is essential, since they have the capacity to reduce energy demand. These teams “generate energy savings far superior to similar alternatives, so their use is promising in those industries that need cold in their manufacturing processes. The consumption of electrical energy by towers and condensers is much lower, for example, than that required by air cooling equipment to produce the same cooling effect. The latter require a compressor, an electric drive motor and a capacitor of higher sizes and costs. On the other hand, evaporative refrigeration equipment significantly reduces energy consumption thanks to the efficiency of the process and the high energy efficiency they provide ”.
Evaporative cooling systems use water to cool, guaranteeing its quality, reuse, reducing its consumption and efficient use. In addition, the use of water does not emit CO2 emissions, it is “a clean and environmentally friendly technology and favors the reduction of the effects of climate change”. Likewise, the greenhouse effect is reduced by limiting indirect CO2 emissions thanks to the saving of electricity consumed, and direct, due to the lower risk of refrigerant gas leaks.
Evaporative cooling, in this way, has been able to adapt to new environmental needs:
- 98% of the water used in a tower is reused, leaving 1% for evaporation and 1% for purging.
- Consumption is reduced and water use is improved.
- Technological improvementsallow us to consider that the drag phenomenon, with high efficiency separators placed on the market, represents between 0.01% and 0.002% (in certain models) of the recirculation water flow, the quantity of water that could get lost in the drag is between 20 and 100 times less than evaporated water and up to five hundred in some models.
- The amount of water lost due to trawling is not significant and the aerosol output is not of practical importance if the standards related to the quality of the drop separators, assembly and maintenance of the equipment are followed.
- These devices are not harmful to the environment, since their use of water is part of their natural hydrological cycle, specifically at the point of the evaporation process.
- They leave behind a reduced water footprint (HH) an environmental indicator that evaluates the total volume of fresh water used in the production of goods and services and, consequently, the economic and environmental cost of any product. The Water Footprint not only allows you to evaluate which technology is more convenient at all times and for each application, but also, it is an awareness tool, since the estimates it offers help to reflect on the need for optimal management of the water.
Control y Ventilacion, S.L. is a company of international renown within the industrial and livestock sector, for being a manufacturer of products within the evaporative cooling sector, such as the HUMIBAT, evaporative plastic cooler; or its NUCLEOS towers, Cooling Towers. In both products, the substrate in which the evaporative process is produced is a plastic honeycomb, a honeycomb resistant both to physical and chemical attacks, and at the same time flexible, a honeycomb with a mesh structure, made of polyethylene High Density, and marketed under the names of PANAL C & V or in the case of being a drop separator, SEPARADOR C & V .
For more information you can see the following links: